Wednesday 1 January 2014

Hawker Spotlight: Whitley Road Big Prawn Mee @ Old Airport Road Food Centre


Yet another gem in Old Airport Road Food Centre, Whitley Road Prawn Mee is yet another decorated stall that serves good quality food. I won't comment much on the noodles, which are your typical egg noodles that you would get from the market, but what's special about this stall is the prawn broth. The broth is sweet and flavourful, and not too oily or heavy. The prawns are average, but of a decent size. The prawns are also sliced in half to make it easier to eat, but that's also an excuse for a smaller serving of prawns. I usually order the $3 version which just comes with prawns when I come here every other week. The $5 version comes with the pork ribs, which I found to be average in terms of the portion they serve as well as the overall taste. For a better Pork Rib Prawn Mee, I would head on to Noo Cheng Adam Road Prawn Noodle in Zion Road Food Centre. However, I personally prefer the prawn broth here which I find to be richer.

Expect to pay: $3-5

#01-98
Old Airport Road Food Centre
51 Old Airport Road

No comments:

Post a Comment