Sunday 5 January 2014

UPDATE: Chye Seng Huat @ Tyrwhitt Road


Went back to Chye Seng Huat on a weekend and boy was the crowd crazy. Hard to find even a place for two, and 15 minutes of frustration later, finally got a comfy seat with backrest (yay). Decided not to go for their filtered coffee but rather their pressured coffee this time. After all, I always prefer pressured coffee. Had the almond croissant again which I love, but the chocolate brownie which I had the other time was gone. Probably a seasonal offering ):

Decided not to go for their Nuts + Bolts Espresso, and instead went for their Throwback, which was a blend of Brazilian and Sumatran coffee beans. I loved it as it was much stronger than the Nuts + Bolts, as I compared the taste between single shots for both the blends. I myself had a double shot Throwback Espresso (pictured below) which is a nice upgrade if you love coffee (it costs just $0.50 for one additional shot). The Throwback was also more bitter and heavy, and it made the Nuts + Bolts taste much milder in comparison. However, the Throwback isn't a permanent brew so I would catch it while you can! 


View the full post on Chye Seng Huat Hardware here:


No comments:

Post a Comment